Sunday 13 September 2015

Riley the Schnauzer

Meet Riley, a Schnauzer that was rescued from the street. I remember it was ordinary day when I was driving from my house to university, and I saw her wondering at the middle of the road where there is a heavy traffic. After hesitating for a little, I decide to stop beside to bring her to safety. At the beginning, she was escaping from everyone that was trying to stop her due to fear. After 1 hour of chasing, she was finally stopped by one security guard that was on his way to work. In the rescue process, she has bitten 2 person that were trying to help her. In the end, my family decided to keep her until she unites with her owner.
Riley's first day


The name of Schnauzer comes from the German word for “snout” and means colloquially “moustache”, because of the breed’s distinctively bearded snout. Schnauzers are friendly and loving, which makes Riley part of my family easily because she gets along well with children.
Exhausted Riley after exercising



Besides that, Riley is also protective and energetic. She will usually alert us if she sees strangers wondering around.  Other than that, Schnauzers are energetic breed thus she will need a 20 minute walk daily.

Furthermore, Riley is also a loyal dog especially towards my grandmother. It seems that Riley has a special bond towards my grandmother because she will just follow where ever my grandmother goes. When she is not at home, Riley will just sit still till my grandmother returns.
Poor Riley waiting for the return of the grandmother


Riley has a distinctive beards and long, feathery eyebrows. Therefore, she will require a grooming service every five to eight weeks to keep them tidy. However, it will be recommend to send Schnauzer to professional groomers because it will require some skills to groom a Schnauzer.
Riley before grooming

Riley on her way for grooming 

Riley after grooming 
Riley has been staying with us for more than a month now, and there is already a bond between us. However, if the owner is still searching for her we do hope that Riley is able to meet her owner again. By that time, my family and I will be providing her with loves and care that she deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment